Tuesday

I initially created this image (left) based upon a composition I had previously assembled (above). I had traced the figures on laminating sheets and painted behind them with tippex in order to add definition, I believe that this exaggerates the juxtaposition between subject and environment. I then placed the image onto a photograph I had taken in order to recreate the composition. Furthermore,I wanted to emphasise that we are 'only really very small' in comparison to the universe. Upon realising this the individual may feel overwhelmed which is the main reason why I decided to create a juxtaposition of scale. 
This is an idea that had stemmed from looking at Andrew Baines' work, as he seems to use scale in order to portray his concept. 

I then created this painting based upon my previous compositional experiment. 

This was created by roughly painting the image with acrylic paint.

I then traced the the figures from the photograph onto a laminating sheet which I then placed on top of the painting.












No comments:

Post a Comment