Wednesday

 Final piece







































I believe the most successful aspect of my piece is the use of imagery. The window is intended to represent a ‘narrow view’ of the world, and it acts as a barrier, or shelter, for the viewer. The labyrinth of stairs is intended to symbolise existential struggle, the subjects in the painting are undergoing this struggle for meaning but they are unable to realise that there is no meaning at the top. Regardless of this, when they finally progress through life and reach the top they go through an existential crisis where they suddenly realise that their struggle was purposeless which, as a result, creates feelings of anxiety. Although, upon realising this, the subjects in the painting may be able to create their own ‘meaning’ as can the viewer.
I believe improvements could be made it terms of quality of painting as some areas seem unrefined and could do with some modification. I believe this was due to a lack of time as well as a lack of practice.
Regardless of this, though, I believe that my painting ability has improved in comparison to my previous attempts.

No comments:

Post a Comment